Poker is a classic casino game that punters used to play in land-based casinos. And still, today, the popularity of poker has not waned that much. It is not only because the game has many possibilities to give you a chance to win big, but it is more entertaining than any other casino game.
Poker can be played anytime, anywhere, but if you visit a casino, we have a list of poker games you can try. But before that, let’s know why poker is still so famous today when there are so many other games.
Why is Poker so Famous?
The rule of poker is very simple. No matter what version of poker you play, the rules are pretty similar for them. And even beginners can play and win the game if they learn the skills and remember them while playing. Apart from entertainment and excitement, the game allows one to win big for a limited time. That is why many gamblers choose poker to try their hand.
Though the game is less complicated than other classic casino games like blackjack and roulette, winning a poker game requires little skill. However, learning the game is a lot easier than other games.
The Best Poker Games you can Play at a Casino
Poker is played worldwide, but the versions are slightly different. Land-based casinos and Online Casinos let you play different poker games. You can try any of these games at the casino if you have mastered the skills.
- Texas Hold’em- This particular version of the game is famous among punters. It is a house game, and almost everyone played it at their house party. It is a table game where multiple players play together and start the game with two cards. Players can freely check the cards, call, raise, and even fold before the flop. Players get multiple chances to bet in the entire game before the final call.
- PLO or Omaha Poker- This is also very popular among the players. This one is slightly different from Texas Hold ’em; here, you will get four cards instead of two. However, only the strong two cards will win the game for you. If you are unfamiliar with PLO, you can practice poker games online. It will allow you to learn the technique and skills perfectly. And once you master the skill, you can bet on live poker games.
- Seven-Card Stud- This one is perfect for those who want to spend the whole night sitting at the table. On the other hand, the game allows you to understand the opponent’s strategy more closely and apply your own. However, the game is more suitable for experts who have been trying their hands on poker for a long time, as the game requires specific strategies to win the game. Many Online Casinos host live streaming where players can play poker games online.
- 2-7 Triple Draw- The devil’s game in poker history is the 2-7 Triple Draw. The game is hard to learn and not so popular among the players who play games on the internet. The game shares almost the same rule as Five Card Draw. However, the game is unavailable at online casinos because of its bad reputation. However, many online casinos host the game in a live poker room. But if you are a beginner or do not know much about the game, you should not go for betting exchange on these games.
- Five Card Draw- This game is the simplest version of poker, and people have been playing the game for years. When playing Five-Card Draw, your best five cards will work for you. But the only back draw of the game is a player can draw one new card in the entire game. And only one chance of betting exchange is there for the players. If you have the best five cards on the table, you will be the winner of the game.
Make sure you have learned the skills properly, no matter what game you choose or play online or offline. Poker is not for newbies unless you are smart enough to win it on the first try. However, because it is a family game and many of us grow up playing poker with our siblings, we are familiar with the rules and the strategy. But still, before playing the game online or in a live casino, you must practice it for a while.